- Club prize: Medallion plus $ awards to be announced (TBA)
- Zone prize: Plaque
- District prize: $1000 to $2500
Scholarship amount Club level prize (TBD) up to $22,500! Club contest winners progress to District level and then on from there.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: Any student who hasn’t graduated from high school yet (there is no lower age limit)
Date for Club contest is March 8th 2016
HOW TO ENTER (an oversimplified version):
1) submit application to email@example.com no later than February 29 2016 & bring signed form to the contest.
2) write your speech on the official topic & must be nor shorter than 4 minutes & no long than 5 minutes.
3) deliver that speech in front of judges and an audience on March 8th for a chance to win.
Official Rules and application can be found here (PDF at end of email)
Here is the link to find our more… http://www.optimist.org/e/member/scholarships5.cfm
Download the Official Application PACKET Now!
OFFICIAL TOPIC: “How my Best Brings Out the Best in Others”
- What are my odds of winning? Depends on how many people enter. It is not possible for more than 120 people to enter, and at least 2 win.
- What is a “Zone” and “District”? Optimists International is an alliance of service clubs scattered all across the world. To help clubs partner together better, the powers that be grouped clubs geographically, sort of how we have cities, states, countries, and continents. In the Optimist World, we have clubs, zones, districts, states within the parent organization.
- Do I have to pass a preliminary round at my school or get “endorsed”? No. If you sign up and follow all the rules, you can go for the prize entirely on your own steam and inspiration.
- Can I talk about anything I want? Yes – but if you want to have a shot at winning, figure out how to tie it into the official topic.
QUESTIONS? Megan Sladek / 407-365-8888 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Not in Oviedo or Winter Springs?
Our Club would be happy to accept any qualifying contestant from throughout the area for either the ESSAY or ORATORICAL CONTESTS. The one rule, however, is that a contestant may only participate in each contest through only ONE CLUB (whichever one they pick). NO participant may submit for a given contest through more than one Optimist Club in any given year.